What is this site?
This site provides alternative ways of listing the 500+ posts that Jo Walton has posted on Tor.Com. Tor.Com does let you list all
the posts, but the list is shown with some detail and takes over 20 pages to display; the All Posts link above presents a concise list, one post per line, of all
the posts in one page.
There is a description of the rationale behind the posts in the Thursday January 13 2011 post, entitled "500 posts by me right here on Tor.com"
[ Post ].
- All Posts ( )
- The All Posts link displays a single page showing a list of all the posts.
- The A-Z Authors links display a list of the authors beginning with that letter that have posts about them. Subsequently clicking on an author's name in the
left-hand frame will display a list of the posts about that author.
- The search link provides a way of searching for text in the titles of posts. Entering some text and clicking on the Search button will display a list of the
posts whose titles contain that text. Entering no text and clicking on the Search button will display the complete list of posts.
- The series link displays a list of the feature series that Jo has posted in. Subsequently clicking on a series in the left-hand frame will display a list
of the posts in that series.
- In January 2014, Tor Books published a collection of some of the columns from the first three years: What Makes This Book So Great: Re-Reading the Classics of Science Fiction and Fantasy. The WMTBSG link displays a list of the columns included in the book.
- The A-Z Works links display a list of the works beginning with that letter that have posts about them. Subsequently clicking on an work's name in the
left-hand frame will display a list of the posts about that work.
- Wherever a link showing [Post] appears, clicking on that link will display the actual post from Tor.Com.
- The individual year links display a list of the months within that year. Subsequently clicking on a month in the left-hand frame will display a list
of the posts in that month.
Who is Jo Walton?
"Jo Walton is a science fiction and fantasy writer. She's published two poetry collections and nine novels, most recently
Among Others, and if you like these posts you will like it.
She reads a lot, and blogs about it at Tor.Com regularly. She comes from Wales but lives in Montreal where the food and books are more varied."
[Quoted from Tor.Com]
Jo's Tor.Com profile is here, she has a blog at http://papersky.livejournal.com,
and a web site at http://www.jowaltonbooks.com.
What is Tor.Com?
Tor.com, a site for science fiction, fantasy, and all the things that interest SF and fantasy readers, presents original short fiction, new sequential art, extensive art galleries, and commentary on science fiction and related subjects by a wide range of writers from all corners of the science fiction and fantasy field; both professionals working in the genres and fans. Its aim is to provoke, encourage, and enable interesting and rewarding conversations with and between its readers.
Tor.com's philosophy is one of publisher agnosticism, and as such, boasts contributors and content from many different SF/F publishers, as well as fans from all corners of fandom.
See the About Us page for more.
If you have any comments on, or corrections to, or details of the missing issues,
then please mail Michael J. Cross.